This is a perfect tour for only two days in the Amazon but it has to start at 8 am and finish the next day at 5 pm. My tour in Leticia Amazonas and surroundings is a mix of Culture – My Village – Jungle – Lakes – Native Communities – Adventure – Wildlife and all what you can experience about the Amazon.
Where does my tour take place?
I live in a paradise that my father’s help to organize and colonize called Puerto Nariño in the aticoya region. Law does not allow us to have cars or motorcycles… it is a paradise and I am also a king here.
Photos of my Leticia Amazonas Jungle Tour
As my internet is really slow, i upload some at facebook. Follow me at www.facebook.com/elcabuco
Our 3 Day Leticia Amazonas Jungle tour starting and finishing schedules
This tour can only be done from the first day at 8 am and finishing the second day at 5 pm.
Our 2 Day Leticia Amazonas jungle tour itineraries
I spent with my staff more than 3 year designing and opening new routes every 6 months. The result is a mixture between Culture, Jungle, Nature, Wildlife and Adventure.
Please be aware that activities might change order with climate changes such as heavy big rains. Also, full moon nights can affect night activities such as animals hiding more.
Day 1 – Arrival and Puerto Narino with Public Boat
- We will be picking you up at 7 am from your hotel in Leticia, we will take the 8 am boat and departing to my hometown
- Arrival and boat activity to spot grey and pink dolphins
- Typical Lunch
- Boat activities to visit the native community we will be stayin and spotting birds
- Fishing activity for piranhas (only good from mid june til mid december)
- Swimming and visiting inside lakes.
- Jungle treks from (mid july til december) or canoeing thru the flooded jungle (mid feb til late may)
- Night Safari to spot caymans or other wildlife
- Accomodation on a Tikuna hut. Please note that the accommodation in the Tikuna community is basic with 2 bedrooms, 1 multiple and shared bathroom. Maximum is like 6 people for the only one cabin we have. All on beds with mosquito net.
Non-Flooded Areas (Altitude Jungle) and Flooded Jungle
- Breakfast at 7:30 am. Can be a vegetarian option.
- Jungle trek activity on the back from my town, possibility to spot monkeys and other wild life.
- Arrival to my finca so we can have a delicious lunch
- Visit my pond aquarium so you can spot fishes, the lotus flower and can have a 30 minute siesta at our hammock palace.
- Jungle trek activity to go back to my town
- Visit the viewing tower center
- Taking the 3.30 pm boat back to Leticia
- Arrival at 5 pm and visit the Santander parakeet park
- Finishing tour around 6 pm and taking you back to the hotel
Prices and payment method
I organize my tours up to 4 people per group (like 2 couples but all on private rooms). Each group will be given a private translator and native guide. If you are a group of more than 5 people then you will be totally private.
2 Day Tour with Public Transportation:
- 2 Pax: 900.000 COP per persona
- 3 pax: 850.000 COP per persona
- 4 pax or more: 800.000 COP per persona
What is included?
This includes the 1 night accommodation, meals per day (breakfast, lunch, dinner), water, tours, translator if needed, coffee (with breakfast) and fruit juices (with lunch and dinner). Alcohol you will need to pay for separately.
Why does the translator is not local?
Tourism is just new in Colombia, I mean like more tourist than normal in the last years. We really were not prepared that lots of non spanish speakers foreigners where going to come so nobody or barely someone speak english in Leticia Amazonas. I can count with my fingers who speaks english in Leticia and sorroundings.
Now with more visitors in Leticia Amazonas, I get cool volunteers who help my guides to translate and at the same time they are teaching english to them. After one year, one of my guide speaks english and the others are studying hard learning.
Understanding the Colombian Amazon
People, our history haven’t been really cool. Since slavery, destruction, animal trafficking, ngo, land invasion, excesive huntig, Pablo Escobar and other staff I think we are getting recover. Our Amazonas is a big zoo but I dont have animals in a jail. Climate changes, full moon, people using deet 100% or making lot of noise can be more difficult to spot animals but we spent lot of time while we are not working to find the spots. Some animals are just difficult to spot such as a manatee, jaguar or anaconda.
From February to late May is all flooded in ome area which we will do lot of boat activity. From later July is all dry and we can do trekking on the flooded area.
Lot of people don’t know but in 80s in the Amazon the drug empire from Pablo Escobar was done in the Amazon and I know all the histories. If you want to know more at dinner i can tell you the history.
What to bring to Leticia Amazonas?
Sun screen, mosquito repellant (with DEET), trekking snacks, 4 Long sleeve Tshits/Shirts, 2 Long trousers, 2 shorts, 4 socks, a head light or torch and a hat. We’ll give you boots and a poncho. You can bring you phone and camera but make sure you have a case to keep them dry if it rains
Payment on arrival in Leticia Amazonas.