This is a perfect tour for only two days in the Amazon but it has to start at 8 am and finish the next day at 5 pm. My tour in Leticia Amazonas and surroundings is a mix of Culture – My Village – Jungle – Lakes – Native Communities – Adventure – Wildlife and all what you can experience about the Amazon.
I just update all my tour with all the detail information, so you can really know what to expect and what are you booking. Please be advice that if you read all detail information you can have a much better experience.
Choosing the best tour for your flight itineraries
Depending on your flights schedules and timing, we can recommend you which tour to take. My best recommendation is to have 4 days in the Amazon and we can do a full two day trip which is enough, if you dont have enough time dont worry that we can recommend which tour will be better for you. Also two day flight schedule is fine but arriving the first day no later than 12:00 pm.
Our Leticia Amazonas Jungle tour starting and finishing schedules
We can offer you 4 day or 3 Day tour in the Colombian Amazon Basin. Tour can start at any day and this are our two different starting schedules:
- At 8:00 am
- 1.30 pm
Different Leticia Amazonas Jungle Tour Options for your Flight Schedule
PLAN A. TOUR STARTING AT 8.00 AM (FIRST DAY) AND FINISHING AT 5:00 PM (FOURTH DAY)
We highly recommend to book with any air company 6 day flights and will be like this:
1st Day (8 AM) – Here we will start tour at 8:00 am but we will be picking you up around 6.45 – 7:00 am, meaning that you have to be ready and already have breakfast so we can take the 8:00 am boat. We will be arriving around 10:00 am and ready to do activities. (check our leticia amazonas jungle tour activities information bellow the website).
2nd Day (5 PM) – Activities til taking the boat at 3:30 and be around 5:00 pm in Leticia. Also you can stay at our village Puerto Nariño with a good price and come back the next day at the 7.30 am boat.
Price: 2 people – 900.000 per persona
3 people – 850.000 per persona
4 people or more – 800.000 per persona
PLAN B. TOUR STARTING AT 1.30 PM (FIRST DAY) AND FINISHING AT 5:00 PM (FOURTH DAY)
This plan is if you have just enough days to enjoy the Amazonas. Latam airlines has a flight arriving around 11:45 am and its perfect to have all organize and taking the 1:30 boat to my village.
1st Day Starting at 1:30 pm – Flight Arrival to Leticia (no later than 12:30 pm) in which we will be picking you up at the airport to organize everything such as equipment and payment. On this first day we will take the 1:30 pm boat and be at my village around 4 pm to start immediately activities. (check our leticia amazonas jungle tour activities information bellow this web page).
2nd day (5 PM) – Activities til taking the boat at 3:30 and be around 5:00 pm in Leticia. Also you can stay at our village Puerto Nariño with a good price and come back the next day at the 7.30 am boat.
Price: 2 people – 850.000 per persona
3 people – 800.000 per persona
4 people or more – 750.000 per persona
Prices are in cash but if you pay with credit card i have to add 50.000 pesos per persona, its what the bank charges here for the bank transfer.
Atms in Leticia only have 300.00 COP per transaction and around 3 per day.
If you book flights with Avianca and want to start tour the same day then i recommend to charter a private boat with a price of 125.000 extra per persona or do tour the next day at 8 a.m.
Where does my tour take place?
I live in a paradise that my father’s help to organize and colonize called Puerto Nariño in the aticoya region. Law does not allow us to have cars or motorcycles… it is a paradise and I am also a king here.
Our 2 Day Leticia Amazonas jungle tour itineraries
I spent with my staff more than 3 year designing and opening new routes every 6 months. The result is a mixture between Culture, Jungle, Nature, Wildlife and Adventure.
Please be aware that activities might change order with climate changes such as heavy big rains. Also, full moon nights can affect night activities such as animals hiding more.
On the first day we will divide between arriving at 8:00 am or 1:30 pm
Day 1 – Arrival and Puerto Narino at 8:00 am boat
- We will be picking you up at the hotel, take you to the port around 7:00 am.
- As you arrive to Puerto Nariño (10:00 am), we will organize hotel and right away activities, we can do a jungle trek or boat activity to spot dolphins
- Typical lunch. Vegetarian option available
- After lunch we will organize a jungle trek to spot the ceibas trees (biggest tree in the amazon)
- Sunset at the loretoyacu river
- Typical dinner. Vegetarian option available
- Night Safari to spot tarantulas, insects and other amazonian fauna.
- Accommodation on my family hotel at Puerto Nariño. Basic Accommodation and remember i do not have a Donald trump palace in the Amazon 🙂 … (At Puerto Nariño we do not need mosquito net but if you want we can provide one)
Day 1 – Arrival and Puerto Nariño at 1:30 pm boat
- We will be picking you up at the airport, take you to my office to organize equipment
- Typical lunch at a local restaurant. Vegetarian option available
- Transfer on a public boat to my hometown at 1:30. (Boat drive around 2 hours)
- As you arrive, we will organize hotel and right away activities.
- We can do a jungle trek and finishing
- We can do boat activities to spot dolphins
- Typical dinner
- Night Safari to spot tarantulas, insects and other amazonian fauna.
- Accommodation on my family hotel at Puerto Narino. Basic Accommodation and remember i do not have a donald trump palace in the Amazon 🙂 … (At puerto nariño we do not need mosquito net but if you want we can provide one)
Day 2 – Non-Flooded Areas (Altitude Jungle) and Flooded Jungle
- Breakfast at 7:30 am. Can be a vegetarian option.
- Jungle trek activity on the back from my town, possibility to spot monkeys and other wild life.
- Arrival to my finca so we can have a delicious lunch
- Visit my pond aquarium so you can spot fishes, the lotus flower and can have a 30 minute siesta at our hammock palace.
- Jungle trek activity to go back to my town
- Visit the viewing tower center
- Taking the 3.30 pm boat back to Leticia
- Arrival at 5 pm and visit the Santander parakeet park
- Finishing tour around 6 pm and taking you back to the hotel
What is included?
This includes the 1 night accommodation, meals per day (breakfast, lunch, dinner), water, tours, translator if needed, coffee (with breakfast) and fruit juices (with lunch and dinner). Alcohol you will need to pay for separately.
Photos of my Leticia Amazonas Jungle Tour
As my internet is really slow, i upload some at facebook. Follow me at www.facebook.com/elcabuco
Photos of our accommodation
Why does the translator is not local?
Tourism is just new in Colombia, I mean like more tourist than normal in the last years. We really were not prepared that lots of non spanish speakers foreigners where going to come so nobody or barely someone speak english in Leticia Amazonas. I can count with my fingers who speaks english in Leticia and sorroundings.
Now with more visitors in Leticia Amazonas, I get cool volunteers who help my guides to translate and at the same time they are teaching english to them. After one year, one of my guide speaks english and the others are studying hard learning.
Understanding the Colombian Amazon
People, our history haven’t been really cool. Since slavery, destruction, animal trafficking, ngo, land invasion, excesive huntig, Pablo Escobar and other staff I think we are getting recover. Our Amazonas is a big zoo but I dont have animals in a jail. Climate changes, full moon, people using deet 100% or making lot of noise can be more difficult to spot animals but we spent lot of time while we are not working to find the spots. Some animals are just difficult to spot such as a manatee, jaguar or anaconda.
From February to late May is all flooded in ome area which we will do lot of boat activity. From later July is all dry and we can do trekking on the flooded area.
Lot of people don’t know but in 80s in the Amazon the drug empire from Pablo Escobar was done in the Amazon and I know all the histories. If you want to know more at dinner i can tell you the history.
What to bring to Leticia Amazonas?
Sun screen, mosquito repellant (with DEET), trekking snacks, 4 Long sleeve Tshits/Shirts, 2 Long trousers, 2 shorts, 4 socks, a head light or torch and a hat. We’ll give you boots and a poncho. You can bring you phone and camera but make sure you have a case to keep them dry if it rains
Payment on arrival in Leticia Amazonas.
Incoming search terms:
- amazon leticia do i need hamakas
- leticia 2 days amazonas tour