This is a perfect tour for only two days in the Amazon but it has to start at 8 am and finish the second day at 5 pm. My tour in Leticia Amazonas and surroundings is a mix of Culture – My Village – Jungle – Lakes – Native Communities – Adventure – Wildlife and all what you can experience about the Amazon.
Welcome to Amazonas Colombia
A very warm welcome to you from everyone here at Amazonas Colombia. Thank you for choosing us as your guides to the wonderful world of the Amazon. You have an unforgettable few days ahead!
Leticia Amazonas Jungle Tour Itinerary
Check a quick explanation about the activities on our two day trip
All itineraries can get modify with the climate changes and the river levels.
1 Day – Amazon River transfer and adventure in Puerto Nariño starting at 7:00 am boat
Morning (6:30 AM)
As we will pick you up 6:20-6:30 A.M., there is no restaurant service around that time. We highly recommend to buy snacks so you will have breakfast to go.
- Hotel transfer to Leticia Port at 6:30 am
- Public Transportation boat transfer to Puerto Nariño (from 1.30 hours to 2 hours)
- Reception in Puerto Nariño
- Boat activity to spot grey or pink dolphins, we will visit lakes and navigate thru tributaries.
- Typical lunch (From 12 pm – 1 pm)
Afternoon (2:00 PM)
- Sailing along the Loretoyacu River tributaries with the possibility to spot more pink and grey dolphins and also monkeys on the shore
- Sail Thru tributaries and visit the Tarapoto Lake
- Boat activity to spot wildlife on the shore at the Igarapahuasu Tributary.
Night (7:00 pm)
- Caiman Sightings by boat
- Accommodation in a community hostel with your private room
Activities might change order depending on the weather condition.
(Dolphins-Lake / Lake – Dolphins)
2 Day – Adventure in Peru and back to Leticia at 5:00 pm
Morning (8;00 AM)
- Sailing along the Amazon River to San Antonio de Cacao Island and opportunity to spot Pink and Grey Dolphins
- Walk in the jungle to spot a different kind of ecosystem with the biggest species of trees in the Amazon Region and visit to the community
- Possibility of lazy bear sightings (Sloths) and bird watching
- Typical Lunch (12 pm – 1 pm)
Afternoon (2:00 PM)
- Visit local Viewing Tower (45 meters high)
- Return to Leticia by public boat from 3:30 pm to 5 pm
- Transfer to the reserved hotel (We only cover free transfer to hotels in Leticia centre, not in the km or away from Leticia).
If the water season is really high, we will change this activity to the native community of Santa Teresita for an amazing jungle walk to have possibilities to spot wildlife.
- 1 Passengers
$1.300.000 COP per persona.
- 2 Passengers
$900.000 COP per persona. If one the the guest need a private room will have an extra cost of 50.000 cop
- 3 Passengers
$850.000 COP per persona. If one the the guest need a private room will have an extra cost of 50.000 cop
- 4 Passengers or more
$800.000 COP per persona. If one the the guest need a private room will have an extra cost of 50.000 cop
Tour Size Information: Small groups share excursion but accommodation is private, in the native community is a big cabin with rooms. We guarantee groups size are never more than 6 people. If you want completely private tour its $150,000 extra per persona.
Prices are in cash but if you pay with credit card i have to add 5% of wire transaction.
Atms in Leticia only have 300.00 COP per transaction and around 3 per day. Payment on arrival
If you book flights with Avianca and want to start tour the same day then i recommend to charter a private boat with a price of 150.000 extra per persona or do tour the next day at 8 a.m.
Ready to book Leticia Amazonas Jugle Tour
What is included?
This includes the 2 nights accommodation, 3 meals per day (breakfast, lunch, dinner), water, tours, translator if needed, coffee (with breakfast) and fruit juices (with lunch and dinner), activities and transportations. Alcohol you will need to pay for separately.
What is not included?
Activities not described on the tour, alcohol, tips for the guides (its optional), entry tax at the airport of Leticia $31.000 and entry tax at the entrance of Puerto Nariño $10,000.
Choosing the best flight itineraries to fit this tour
We highly recommend to do full day activities in the Amazon starting at 7 am til 5 pm or after dinner. As Latam Airlines have a flight not later than 12:30 pm, you can start tour with the 2 pm boat. Avianca have flights later than 2 pm so we highly recommend to start the next day at 7 am but if you dont have enough time and want to do tour right away, chartering a private boat will be perfecto.
What to expect in Amazonas
Expect the unexpected! At Amazonas Jungle Tours, every tour is different. Activities can change due to the weather or unusual events. We ask you to be flexible but don’t worry, we are here to make sure you see as much as possible! We always try to include the following activities:
- Guided walk through the jungle (day)
- Guided walk through the jungle (night)
- Visit to indigenous village
- Indigenous community activities
- Flora explanation
- Dolphin watching by boat
- Monkey Spotting
- Bird Watching
- Piranha fishing (season dependent)
- Night boat trip to look for Caymans (small alligators)
- Kayaking at lakes, flooded jungle and rivers (Only from February til Late June)
- Walk to Mirador and visit local museum
Our local guides are all Spanish speakers and we have English translators available for all tours. Your English translator will meet you at the port when you arrive at Puerto Nariño.
Tours Size and Information
All of our tours normally goes from 4 to 6 people per group, in which it will include a Native Guide and a translator. Tours are highly active, mix between jungle treks and boat activities. We normally have other guest that are doing activities but they will be with their own group staff and itineraries. Our staff always at the morning and at night will tell your daily itineraries.
Accommodation on our Tours
Accommodation is basic but comfortable. You will have the option to stay in a hospedaje each night or in the home of someone in the indigenous community.
It should be possible to charge appliances such as phones and cameras overnight but please be aware that electricity is not always guaranteed in the jungle. Bring spare batteries/chargers if you have them.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner are included each day. We can also organize your diet if you are vegan, vegetarian or any food allergy. You will be given a large bottle of drinking water that can be refilled as required by staff in Puerto Nariño.
*Snacks and alcohol are extra costs*
Transport will be cover by our Tour Operator. This includes:
- Airport transfer on arrival and departure.
- Transfer between the office and your hotel.
- Boat transfer to and from Puerto Nariño.
We normally start tour at 7:00 am from Leticia Amazonas but there is a good flight schedule with Latam airlines in which arrives at 9:00 am or 11:30 am and we can start tour taking the 12 pm or 2:00 pm boat.
What To Bring On The Tour
A small day sack (25-30L) is sufficient for a 3 or 4 day tour. We can store your larger bag in the office. The following list is advisory only, wear whatever you think will make you feel comfortable! Bear in mind that black clothing can attract more mosquitoes so, if possible, bring lighter colored clothing.
- 2 x long sleeve tops
- 2 x short sleeved tops
- 1 x shorts
- 2 or 3 x long trousers
- Socks and underwear for 4 days
- Walking boots/shoes. Yes, trainers are ok. Flip flops for relaxing.
- Swimwear (yes it’s safe to swim in some places!)
- Toiletries – toothbrush , toothpaste, soap etc.
- Sun cream
- Camera/Phone – waterproof covers required in case of sudden heavy rain
- Extra snacks, soft drinks
- Wallet and ID
Rubber boots and a poncho are available from loan from the office. Please return them to the office at the end of your tour.
Where does my tour take place?
I live in a paradise that my father’s help to organize and colonize called Puerto Nariño in the aticoya region. Law does not allow us to have cars or motorcycles.
Photos of my Leticia Amazonas Jungle Tour
As my internet is really slow, i upload some at facebook. Follow me at www.facebook.com/elcabuco
Why does the translator is not local?
Tourism is just new in Colombia, I mean like more tourist than normal in the last years. We really were not prepared that lots of non spanish speakers foreigners where going to come so nobody or barely someone speak english in Leticia Amazonas. I can count with my fingers who speaks english in Leticia and sorroundings.
Now with more visitors in Leticia Amazonas, I get cool volunteers who help my guides to translate and at the same time they are teaching english to them. After one year, one of my guide speaks english and the others are studying hard learning.
Understanding the Colombian Amazon
People, our history haven’t been really cool. Since slavery, destruction, animal trafficking, ngo, land invasion, excesive huntig, Pablo Escobar and other stuff I think we are getting recover. Our Amazonas is a big zoo but I dont have animals in a jail. Climate changes, full moon, people using deet 100% or making lot of noise can be more difficult to spot animals but we spent lot of time while we are not working to find the spots. Some animals are just difficult to spot such as a manatee, jaguar or anaconda.
From February to late May is all flooded in ome area which we will do lot of boat activity. From later July is all dry and we can do trekking on the flooded area.